RMB Toyota covers the Teesside, Darlington & Northallerton areas in the heart of the North of England. We are searching for a talented, responsible individual who is ready to take on multiple tasks. Reporting into the IT Manager as part of the IT department at RMB Toyotas head office site at Teesside. RMB aim to provide world class IT systems that enable us to deliver an outstanding customer motoring experience.
As a member of the IT Team you will support the IT Manager by undertaking the day to day running of the department, keeping informed of any IT issue that may impact upon the business. Oversee the RMB internal IT helpdesk cover between the normal dealership main business hours. Provide off-site support across the RMB group.
The candidate will be required to communicate effectively with all technical and non-technical colleagues, clients and customers. This is a fabulous opportunity with genuine career progression for the right person.
- Ability to remotely diagnose IT problems, and resolve through talking the user through the fix, or using remote desktop tools to resolve.
- Receiving, prioritising, documenting end user help requests across the full range of IT systems and services.
- Maintaining consistent, accurate and up-to-date call logging, keeping the end user notified of current progress.
- Report issues to the manufacturer IT support helpdesk to log issues within the network
- Manage escalated calls including those to third parties ensuring they are resolved to the end-user’s satisfaction.
- Provide support and advice to computer users across the business to help them get the most of the dealership IT system
- Maintain group assets and infrastructure to include monitoring system backup state, system upgrades and ensuring optimum performance.
- Support the implementation of new systems on behalf of the group and ensure these are integrated with existing systems
- Carry out new machine preparation for remote installation including software and user configuration.
- Completing and documenting current starters and leavers processes in line with Group procedures, ensuring systems are up to date and secure.
- Work as a full member of the IT team
- Keeps up to date with changes within the industry and system updates that are likely to provide the greatest commercial advantage
Good working knowledge of the following:
- PCs & Microsoft operating systems & Microsoft Office Applications
- General knowledge of printers, scanners, wireless network devices
- Microsoft Outlook / POP3 / Exchange email systems
- Anti-virus software, monitoring and spam filtering
- Networking (TCP/IP, VPN Access etc)
- Remote support tools including Remote Desktop, VNC applications
* Experience with the above software and or systems is desirable, but not essential as full training will be given
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented individual with a passion for IT. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, and have a “can do” attitude to work. With a degree of flexibility to accommodate the needs of the end user. Previous experience from working in the automotive trade is preferable; but not essential. You’ll also be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, and have the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills with a meticulousness attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, and diffuse confrontational situations
- A willingness to learn and work within a team
- A solution focused individual with a natural problem solving aptitude
- Excellent time management skills and ability resolve issues quickly
*Must hold a full UK Driving licence
If you are an ambitious IT Technician and want to take the next step in furthering your career, then please apply by clicking apply to this advert at the bottom of the page.
Benefits package include enrolment into the workplace pension scheme. RMB employees are also given preferential rates within the staff car scheme, servicing and parts. We take great pride in our workforce keeping all staff up to date with industry and manufacturer training. Career progression opportunities.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the correct experience and want to join our team at a very exciting time, then please apply now! To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Stockton on Tees
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. RMB is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!